Coronavirus Advice & Information
School Closure information
Staff, Please read our letter regarding our School colleagues reopening letter
Key Workers, Please read our letter for Key Workers
Communication and updates with you all at this time are crucial and therefore we are very excited to be introducing School Gateway to Barley Lane School – a parent engagement app that will allow you to communicate with the school and view your child’s attendance and reports at anytime from anywhere. Please read our letter about School Gateway
Please follow this link for the latest Government advice for Guidence on vulnerable children and young people
You can help to slow the spread of Coronavirus!
- Make sure you and your children follow these general principles to prevent spreading any respiratory virus:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water aren’t available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you feel unwell, stay at home and don’t attend work or school.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home.
- If you’re worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111 – don’t go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline – this helpline has been set up to answer questions about the virus related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline.
- Phone: 0800 046 8687
- Email: DfE.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
Further information can be found via the DfE website: